Richmond Heights Custom Home
Neighborhood Style Preservation a Priority
Our clients wanted a home that their family could rest easy in, knowing that everything would be working just the way it should. We worked closely with them to complete an older style custom home in this established neighborhood in a top school district complete with all of the advantages of a new construction. This two-story custom home features interior details and architecture that are similar to the craftsman and bungalow homes in the surrounding neighborhood. In fact, this home was profiled by the St Louis Post-Dispatch because of it’s seamless integration with the established neighborhood.
- Woodwork encasing the windows, baseboards, doorways and stairway is a modernized version of the traditional woodwork found in the older, surrounding homes.
- Kitchen features elegant shaker-style IKEA cabinetry, classic white subway tile on the back splash, and farmhouse sink. Black soapstone counters, a butcher-block island and stainless appliances modernize the look.
- Nooks and crannies throughout the home add functionality and interest.
- Bathrooms feature subway tile back splashes and Dal octagonal tile similar to original homes in the area.
- Master suite bathroom features marble vanity top, dark wood cabinets, and custom mirrors.
- Welcoming front porch features large columns and offers a space to relax or entertain.
The custom home has not undergone third-party green certification, however we have incorporated many green construction practices and features to build an energy-efficient and reliable home for our this growing family.