New Historic Homes in Shaw Neighborhood
City of St Louis Construction & Historic Preservation
Hibbs Homes was selected from amongst several St. Louis homebuilders to develop and build the first new construction home in the historic Shaw neighborhood in South St. Louis City in more than four decades.
To preserve the historical integrity of the area, we worked closely with the City of St. Louis to meet some very strict guidelines and to make sure it complimented the neighborhood. The finished home really offered the homeowners the best of both worlds, the charm and appeal of a historic home with the sophistication and comfort of a new home. After completing the project, Hibbs Homes was named the Show Developer of the Year for our hard work in preserving the historic feel of the neighborhood.
The Historic homes feature:
- Two car garages, an amenity virtually unheard of in St. Louis City
- Wood flooring
- Direct vent fireplaces
- Kitchens featuring oak cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
- Master bathrooms feature cultured marble, vanity lights, large soaking tub and shower
- Energy efficient windows, appliances, and heating/cooling
- Bay windows similar to those found in other homes in the neighborhood
- Covered front porch and false dormer window mirrors, commonly found in South City historic homes
One of the new homeowners told us, “We have had several people in our home including movers, general contractors, etc. Everyone has complimented our home and several general contractors have commented on the quality of the work. The cable people today were the most impressed with the quality of work including pre-wiring for the satellite and how well everything was laid out. The supervisor asked me twice who built our home was just awed by how well done everything was. Kudos for the quality job!!! Please don’t ever sacrifice the quality or the many extras you put into your homes. It is great peace of mind to owners such as ourselves knowing we have a Hibbs Home.”