Everything You Need to Know About Budgeting for Your Home Build
In this episode, Kim and Danni will discuss one of the most important elements of the custom home building process – the budget. We’ll break down how a budget works, how it will dictate your home’s design, and how budgeting varies from builder to builder.
- The importance of disclosing your true budget to your builder.
- How different home builders approach budgeting & pricing
- How to avoid unexpected overages
- How change orders are handled – and how changes may impact your home construction budget.
- How to compare pricing when talking with multiple builders
- Easy tweaks that can be made to a design to make it more affordable to build.
- Does the builder discount get passed onto the client for materials or do clients get charged a mark-up?
- Why the competitive building approach will likely lead to a lower quality home – or a higher budget – and a better approach to building.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Click here to download our Cost Comparison Worksheet. On page 2, you’ll see everything that is included in our budgets. You can use this to compare pricing if you speak with other builders.