Completed in the fall of 2011, this custom infill home was awarded the “Infill of Merit” distinction by the City of Kirkwood for being a new, single family home that “fits seamlessly into the existing character of its neighborhood through architectural style and use of scale, proportion, materials, textures and details.” We worked closely with our clients and the architect to build an Italianate-style home that is reminiscent of the older homes in the Kirkwood area, while ensuring that it is also extremely energy efficient.
This two-story Kirkwood custom home, built in the Craftsman style, features:
• James Hardie siding
• Energy Star appliances, lights and windows
• Geothermal zoned heating and cooling
• Custom kitchen cabinets, living room bookcases, and bathroom vanities
• Master bath features tile warmer, granite counter tops, and glass block shower surround
• Thorough caulk and seal package with upgraded insulation for improved efficiency
• Cedar decking and pergola
• Two-sided fireplace that can be enjoyed from the patio and great room
This home is a great example of how the beauty of traditional architecture and design meets advanced high-performance building techniques to create a home with character and charm, and outstanding energy efficiency and comfort.