The Art of Location, Location, Location
In this episode, we talk about one of the most important steps in building a custom home: finding the right lot. For many people, this can be the most difficult step for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you're looking for land in a highly competitive area – or maybe you're relocating and can't figure out where to settle.
We'll help you get prepared to find the right lot to build on as we talk with two Realtors who specialize in finding land for new construction. Our guests are Jan Hibbs and Laura Hofer of Coldwell Banker Gundaker.
In this episode, we answer:
- How much of your building budget should go toward land?
- What approach should you take when looking for land in a highly competitive area?
- How do you know if a lot is buildable?
- How do you select your neighborhood?
- What costs can you expect when building on an open lot versus an infill lot with an existing structure?
- How do community covenants and restrictive agreements affect your ability to build your dream home design?