For several years, the team at Hibbs Homes has been working in close partnership with Operation FINALLY HOME to build homes & hope for military heroes and their families. We are currently in active construction on a mortgage-free custom home for US Army Spc Heath Howes and his family. (Learn more about this project here.)
While much of the cost of building a custom home for these projects is covered by free or deeply discounted materials and labor from generous community partners, there is often some cost associated with each project. We want to help raise funds to support this work, to ensure that they are able to continue building mortgage-free homes for veterans and their families.
In order to support our Wildwood project and other projects supported by Operation FINALLY HOME, Hibbs Homes is looking to assemble a fundraising committee that will work to develop and put on up to 4 fundraising events each year.
Do you have fundraising experience or a willingness to help support the mission of Operation FINALLY HOME? If so, we’d ask that you consider applying for a role on this committee.
We are seeking volunteers to fill the following roles for the remainder of 2018 through the end of 2019. These volunteers will meet monthly on a regular afternoon or evening at the Hibbs Homes offices. They will communicate between meetings through a Facebook Group and by email and phone.
- Event Chair: A leader that will oversee implementation, planning, and evaluation of each event. This role may rotate to a new chair for each event, depending on participation of volunteers. This person will be responsible for monthly meetings, and for guiding and assisting volunteers and team leaders to fulfill their duties in order to ensure successful events.
- Fundraising & Sponsorship Chair: Will head up efforts to secure corporate and private sponsorships for events and fundraising efforts. Will develop a small team to assist with efforts as needed.
- Publicity Chair: Will handle press releases, community outreach and media relations for all fundraising events. Will coordinate with Hibbs Homes and Operation FINALLY HOME marketing and public relations staff to help ensure community awareness of all events. May help develop posters, banners, and promotion materials, steer strategic email announcements, and social media content as needed.
- Logistics Chair: Will oversee all logistical and site needs related to events, including site set up and clean up, sound systems, parking, banners. Will coordinate with vendors and community partners related to any activities & entertainment.
- General Volunteers: Looking to volunteer, but not necessarily head up any one area? We’d LOVE to put you to work. Tell us a bit about your background, availability, and how you’d want to help.
To date, we have over 250 home projects completed or in planning in 33 states providing custom-built, mortgage-free homes to America’s military heroes and the widows of the fallen, those who have worn America’s uniform and sacrificed so much to defend our freedoms and values. While we are very proud of the work we have been able to do, we are keenly aware that there is much more to be done.